Only In Vienna - An Audio Tour Through The Hidden City
"A circular walk around Vienna‘s Inner City, discovering it from what the author calls 'a less conventional standpoint'. That‘s an understatement. Smith‘s voice is conspiratorial, almost seductive, as he leads you along with his warm and polished diction. All in all it‘s a great outing: good pacing, good stories, good company, and a fascinating city made personal. What more could you ask for?" (The Vienna Review)
Join self-styled ‘Urban Explorer‘, travel writer, historian and photographer Duncan J. D. Smith on a fascinating and idiosyncratic circular tour of the hidden corners of Vienna‘s First District. Recorded ‘live‘ this unique tour offers adventure, history, and excitement, and is based on Duncan's bestselling guidebook Only in Vienna. Audio length: approximately one hour (tour length: approximately 3 hours). Route map included.
20 unusual locations guaranteeing a sense of discovery and a memorable experience:
• Discover Harry Lime‘s doorway and Napoleon‘s magnificent mosaic
• Enter secret courtyards and descend into medieval wine cellars
• Uncover Roman ruins and Turkish cannonballs
• Experience the secret world of the knights of Blood Street
• Reveal the ghostly traces of a medieval synagogue
• Unravel the mysteries of the Stephansdom
Available as 4 separate tours on a Smartphone App (£2.20 each) and as a single CD (£5 plus p&p).
Only in Vienna in 3 tours for Smartphones:
Purchase the Only in Vienna CD (ISBN: 978-3-902698-53-7) directly from Duncan:
(Mark Ebery, Auckland)