Only In Boston
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 1 (2019)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 111 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
Discover Boston’s Revolutionary history, visionary urban planning and world-class cultural institutions with this explorer’s guide to the Massachusetts’ capital.
Another triumph. The granular detail, along with your gift for storytelling, is remarkable.Max Grinnell, www.theurbanologist.com
• An illustrated guide to over 100 fascinating and unusual sights in the United States’ oldest major city. Colonial-era relics and heritage trails, industrial remains and ethnic enclaves, hallowed universities and contemporary art spaces.
• From the oldest public park and the Cradle of Liberty to America’s first subway and a monster computer.
• The Ether Dome, South Street Diner, Sky Walk Observatory, and the skull of Phineas Gage.
• The Boston Molasses Flood, Wally’s Jazz Club, Harpoon Brewery, and the Emerald Necklace.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
BOSTON REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: