Only In Budapest
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 3 (2014)
Specification: Paperback, 244 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 19.90, € 22.95, US$ 29.95, CDN$ 29.95
Discover Budapest like never before with this explorer’s guide to the ‘Paris of the East’. From the Buda Hills to the glamour of downtown Pest.
A fascinating read for all Budapest dwellers looking for some adventure and discovery.The Budapest Sun
• An illustrated guide to over 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in the Hungarian capital. Hidden caves and courtyards, Turkish baths, eccentric museums and forgotten cemeteries.
• From the Romans and the Magyars to the Habsburgs and the Soviets.
• The Children’s Railway, Rabbit Island, Ruin Pubs and the Hospital in the Rock.
• Gül Baba, the Saviour of Mothers, Harry Houdini, a much-loved empress and the mystery of Raoul Wallenberg.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
Also available in French as Budapest sans pareil (2017):
BUDAPEST REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: