Only in Dubrovnik
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 1 (2022)
Specification: Paperback, 120 pages, 56 colour photos & one fold-out map, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 9.95, € 11.90, US$ 15.00, CDN$ 21.95
In preparation! Discover Dubrovnik’s enthralling architecture, tumultuous history and artistic treasures with this explorer’s guide to Croatia’s culture capital.
In a world where places become ever more similar, it is an absolute joy to stumble on the Only In Guides. The author brings to the series the gaze of the enquiring outsider.Hidden Europe magazine
• A ground-breaking illustrated guide to 55 fascinating and unusual historical sites in Croatia’s famous fortified city. Half-forgotten palaces and repurposed forts, relics of saints and vestiges of war, monastic cloisters and cursed islands.
• From a macabre cathedral treasury and an ancient arboretum to Dubrovnik’s Gibraltar and a holiday resort in ruins.
• The Red History Museum, a submerged river valley, the oldest Sephardic synagogue, and a clifftop cemetery.
• A Game of Thrones’ tour, an historic pharmacy, Onofrio’s aqueduct, and the origin of the necktie.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
DUBROVNIK REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: