Only In Edinburgh
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 2 (2019)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 111 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
Explore Edinburgh’s volcanic geography, ancient alleys and architectural modernism with this new guide to the Scottish capital.
A resounding success as a guidebook.www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk
• An illustrated guide to over 100 fascinating and unusual sights in the Scottish capital. Secret gardens and haunted theatres, mysterious monuments and unexpected underworlds, industrial relics and unusual places of worship.
• From crumbling castles and historic churches to an Art Deco petrol station and a modern library for poets.
• The Innocent Railway, mysterious Gilmerton Cove, the Craigentinny Marbles, and a Scottish Acropolis.
• Coffee with Harry Potter, the Arthur’s Seat Coffins, Trainspotting in Leith, and the Skating Minister.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
EDINBURGH REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: