Only In Hamburg
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 2 (2014)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
A unique guide to unusual spots in the port on the Elbe. A heady mix of the workaday and the cosmopolitan in Germany’s second city.
Travel writing with a twist, for while Smith takes in Hamburg’s landmark sights, he also digs out spots where few tourists ever venture.www.eurocheapo.com
• An illustrated guide to over 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in Germany’s great river port. Prehistoric stones and wartime bunkers, hidden cellars and unexpected sanctuaries, storied waterways and lonely lighthouses.
• From Charlemagne’s Hammaburg and the Hanseatic League to the Third Reich and the Federal State of Hamburg.
• John Lennon’s doorway, a floating church, the English sewers, and the unicorn of the deep.
• An Arabian princess, colourful Käppn Lührs, a Communist hero, and the Red Brick King.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
HAMBURG REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: