Only In Prague
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 2 (2014)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
Prague is beautiful and busy in equal measure. With this book visitors can escape the throng and dive into the back streets for a great adventure.
A very good source of information for visitors interested in offbeat places in Prague.Kamila Bakotová, www.praguecitytourism.cz
• An illustrated guide to over 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in the Czech capital. Hidden cellars, secret gardens, wild valleys, and forgotten cemeteries.
• From prehistoric man and the Přemyslids to the Communist era and the Velvet Revolution.
• The Faust House, the Hunger Wall, the English sewers, and the Alchemists’ Tower.
• The Prague Bambino, a one-armed photographer, the headless knight, and John Lennon’s Wall.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
PRAGUE REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: