Only In Cologne
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 3 (2020)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
Often overlooked by visitors, Cologne is a city waiting to be explored. Uncover ruins, relics, and all things Romanesque in this jewel on the Rhine.
A really wonderful book.Dr. Klaus Hardering, Cologne Cathedral
• An illustrated guide to over 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in Germany’s most historic city. Roman ruins and religious relics, forgotten fortresses and abandoned cemeteries, industrial remains and historic hotels.
• From Colonia Agrippinensis and Sancta Colonia to the Kingdom of Prussia and the Third Reich.
• Napoleon’s cemetery, a road beneath the Rhine, the city lighthouse, and where the Red Baron learned to fly.
• The bones of Saint Ursula, the inventor Konrad Adenauer, bad boy Martin Kippenberger, and the legend of Bishop Maternus.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
COLOGNE REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: